Sunday, March 4, 2012

I think I may switch to a gluten-free diet...

Because the food is equally as delicious as the wheat-based products.  I've adapted my breakfast and afternoon baked treat recipes providing a gluten-free version of what the guest's traveling partner is served.  Over the past year and a half, we've increasingly catered to our guests who require gluten-free due to their Celiacs disease.  Consequently, I refer to the cookbook, The Gluten-free Gourmet Cooks Fast and Healthy by Bette Hagman, to mix various gluten-free flours making pancakes, waffles, quick bread, cookies, and brownies.

This morning, for example, I served blintzes filled with lemon ricotta topped with warm strawberry sauce.  I made a separate crepe batter substituting gluten-free flour for the all-purpose flour.  It's a little extra work to prepare gluten-free products, but the gratification our guests express to us makes it all worthwhile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment